Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Not much between the ears AKA-It should help the Iraq

Sat down earlier today to take a look at some things on the computer. Jumped online to take a look at the whole bloggy-blogg world, check news etc. By the way, Georgy Boy still doesn't quite have a grasp on the English language. Surprised?
(Note: The reader should in no way interpret the following post as evidence that the "Poster"-aka "Blogger" has never viewed either accidentally nor purposely the horrible morning show in which a gaggle of cackling hens sits around yenta-ing it up known as The View)
I realize that I am a week or so behind on this, but can someone please explain to me how the following conversation was able to take place AT ALL? I will reserve judgment until after the transcript.

WHOOPI GOLDBERG: Is the world flat?

SHERRI SHEPHERD: Is the world flat? (laughter)

GOLDBERG: Yes.

SHEPHERD: …I Don’t know.

GOLDBERG: What do you think?

SHEPHERD: I… I never thought about it, Whoopi. Is the world flat? I never thought about it.

BARBARA WALTERS: You’ve never thought about whether the world was round or flat?

SHEPHERD: I tell you what I’ve thought about. How I’m going to feed my child–

WALTERS: Well you can do both.

SHEPERD: …how I’m going to take care of my family. The world, is the world flat has never entered into, like that has not been an important thing to me.

ELIZABETH HASSELBECK: You’ll teach your son, Jeffery, right?

SHEPHERD: If my son, Jeffery, asks me ‘is the world flat,’ I guess I would go…

JOY BEHAR: You know, didn’t some person already work this question out? I mean, why are we doing this again? (laughter, applause)

Of all the hens, I would have to say that at least Joy has some wit about her, based on her comment at the end of course. Otherwise, I have no clue about her.

AND, in the interest of fair play let us not forget about the pure genius of our neighbor to the south who also was stumped on a "geographical" question. The lovely, the talented, Miss. Teen South Carolina Caitlin Upton (cue the dueling banjos)

“I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uhmmm, some people( I swear she said Osama), out there in our nation don’t have maps and uh, I believe that our, I, education like such as uh, South Africa, and uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and I believe that they should, uhhh, our education over here in the US should help the U.S., uh, should help South Africa, it should help the Iraq and the Asian countries so we will be able to build up our future, for us.”


Wow. If you ever need a good laugh, and yet at the same time a little fear shot into you, watch that video. I cringe thinkin that my girls should ever even know of these two nimrods. It's amazing that we live in a time when there is so much concern for sexuality, violence, and language control in the media, yet we keep allowing this kind of stupidity to flourish.
That's all the energy I have to muster at the moment. My brain is starting to absorb the absolute simpletonness-(google that word) of these 2 nitwits. Time for some go juice to get that mid-afternoon pick-me-up started.


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: