Thursday, March 20, 2008

Long awaited return

Well, to those of you that have been waiting in anticipation for many months, I am back. I have spent the last few months really deciding on how I want to take this medium, what I want to do with it, what I want to achieve.
You see, when I created Venti Bold, I was in a caffeinated haze. A coffee coma if you will, and I wasn't sure really what I wanted to do with it. I realized that I needed to take the idea and put it in my hands not unlike a sculptor does with his stone, marble or raw lump of clay. I needed to hold it in my hands a little and feel the density in its rawness. To squeeze it a bit and feel its mass and realize the potential of what I was holding. To look at it and see what it could become. To embrace it and ever so slowly, shape it into what I wanted. I knew that it would take some time but I could take that piece of stone, and turn it into my Venus di Milo! Venti Bold is my Goddess of Love! My woman with no arms! Naked even! What do you think of that?
So what will become of this place? What will I achieve here? Will I educate others? Maybe so. Will I stimulate others? Indeed. Will it entertain, anger or even outrage others? It better! Hopefully, all of the human emotions will be tickled when visiting Venti Bold.
By the way, as a side note. I actually do not drink Venti Bold anymore. Yeah. I was having a hard time with the old ticker after consuming 40 ounces of Starbucks High Octane Go Juice during the day. 20 in the morning, 20 in the evening. I started to feel like I was on a constant adrenaline rush and my body was getting exhausted, except when it came time to sleep, where I would stare at the ceiling at 2 am wondering how long it would take to walk to and from the moon. As a distance of course. NOT actually walking to the moon. That is impossible.
I know what you're thinking. "What will happen to all that insightful witty banter that you come up with when you're in the zone?" Fear not my devoted follower(s). I still get the taste of java in my orifice with the decaf. It just doesn't come with that jitter that courses through my body like a meth head looking for the next score. In addition, I do not feel that changing the name to Venti Decaf will benefit the overall feel and atmosphere of this blog so I think we will all stay pleased knowing that the name stays!
Ok, with that out of the way, let me say that after some hard thinking, some brain storming, a little think tank that I had earlier today with a trusted "hermano", I have decided that what would be a great addition to the blog would be guests, not unlike a talk show, that could "guest blog" so to speak about their lives and such. We could get a glimpse into the world of others and how they feel about politics, current issues, the profession that they are in etc. Hopefully starting next week, we will have these guests and listen to their thoughts a bit. I expect that you all will give them the same courtesy you give me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.